Friday, June 6, 2014

more today than yesterday

The beauty of music is that it's personal. It's up to the listener's interpretation and it strikes a chord within us based on the experiences that we have. It's a very effective tool to use for reflection and even prayer.

I remember how once in a silent retreat a spiritual director shared the song Grenade by Bruno Mars to the group of students. He asked how it would mean to the group if Jesus were the one singing it. The group had a good laugh at the thought!

This is the same with the song below from the oldies band, Spiral Staircase (I picked out Bruno's cover for this post though). A mentor of mine shared a prayer which is from the song and here I am sharing my prayer with you. I hope you say it with me every day.

 

Lord, grant me the grace to love You more today than yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment