Wednesday, March 12, 2014

gem of a book

Before I officially became part of the 'working class,' I had plenty of time on my hands. Of course, I buried myself in books. Depending on my family for a meager allowance, I rummaged through used books from local bookshops and just picked up anything that I thought looked interesting. I read anything from literature classics, programming in MS Access for dummies, to even obscure books on the music duo Simon & Garfunkel. My key criterion: anything below a hundred.

I would be amazed at the number of books I can bring home after a week's worth of savings from my measly allowance! There were lemons, no doubt. These were the ones I usually force myself to read for a couple of days, convincing myself that the peso-to-book page ratio was worth it. There are gems as well. There's this sense of accomplishment after reading a used book bought at a very cheap price that unexpectedly ends up putting a sense of direction in your life. I picked up a couple of these books.

One of those gems got me interested just by looking at the cover page. I bought it in a heartbeat when I opened it and saw the flyleaf.

Seizing Your Divine Moment: Dare to Live a Life of Adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment