Thursday, March 6, 2014

Not so fast!

Earlier today, I came to ask myself why I committed to start this blog - yes, on just day two! I put into question not only the intention of this blog, but all of the commitments I listed and declared to do for this Lenten season.

Did I seek Him in setting up my plans?
Did I make a decent effort to listen to His plans and put them before mine?
Are my Lenten commitments really intended for Him and not for my personal interest and gain?

In my eagerness to prepare my list of things to give up and to do, I seem to have fallen short in truly seeking His will for me. But guess what, I know that it is only because of Him that we are led to self-awareness and realizations like this one! For that, we should be grateful. With that, we correct ourselves and strive to be better.

Today was a reminder for me to return and keep close to Him, to tear out my heart and not my garments (Jl 2:13), to focus not on the things I've listed but to the essential reason why I listed them anyway.

I started this blog as a commitment to not only document my reflections on this wonderful and grace-filled season of Lent, but also to invite you, dear reader, to share with me this adventure for the next 40 days. It is my hope that we continue to seek Him and Him alone.



2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your daily reflections about this grace filled season.Will include this in my daily readings for lent.Yey Ate's excited much my bro dearie.God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking it up, Melissa! Hopefully I can sustain it, Sis. God bless. :D

      Delete