Thursday, March 13, 2014

thankful Thursdays

This is not a new movement. This occurred to me a while back and I realized it was impossible if nobody else thought about it. True enough, if you search online, Thursday is not only becoming a day when people uncover the wackiest throwback pictures from the past but also a day when they flesh out the wonderful things that are happening in the present.

It's hard enough to go over an ordinary day and find the good things one is thankful for, what more on a day riddled with stress, struggles or emptiness. Nevertheless, I hope starting this series of posts will get me to continue to find God and His goodness in everything in every moment of every day.

I am thankful I woke up on time despite my recent difficulty to sleep earlier at night.
I am thankful for safe trips to and from work.
I am thankful to have had a productive mindset at work today given my lack of nourishment and sleep.
I am thankful that my current workplace has a chapel that celebrates mass daily where I can receive the Sacrament of the Eucharist.
I am thankful for His assurance that He is with us and that He answers our pleas.
I am thankful that the office hours at work allot break times in the morning and afternoon which gave me windows to get some shut-eye and recover a bit earlier today.
I am thankful for jolly colleagues that kept me alive throughout the day.
I am thankful for a stress-free day that gave me the opportunity to go home early to get some rest.
I am thankful for a heart that is open and honest to feelings of regret and frustration amid personal challenges.
I am thankful for a generous brother, a caring and patient father, and a brave and strong mother.
I am thankful for a strong relationship within my family despite the distance among us.
I am thankful for the time spent with Him today to just listen and thank Him for His wonderful gifts.

I end today with a grateful heart. I hope you will too. What are you thankful for today? 
"There is always something to pray about...Until you die, you always have a past 24 hours..." - Dennis Hamm, SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment